Doran Jones is seeking a developer looking for an exciting role in funding & lending activities for large institutional banks. The group is responsible for securities financing, securities lending, margin, collateral optimization, unsecured debt issuance & other financing aspects. The group is part of on-going & new regulatory initiatives such as Liquidity Coverage Ratios, Net Stable Funding Ratios and Mandatory Minimum Margin on derivatives. Development work is done in agile fashion with a typical delivery cycle of between 2 to 6 weeks. Platforms are built using n-tier infrastructure: user interfaces are written in C# .Net, middle tier(s) in Java and back end using Sybase/DB2. This is a very dynamic platform and the team works with tight deadlines, so successful candidates need to be able to adapt to a dynamic working environment.
- You will be an experienced developer with strong Java skills focused on the design and analysis of a future state that seeks to build and support sophisticated and complex user interfaces, data analytics, integrations with other systems/applications, rules and calculation engines, flexible reporting and scenario analytics.
- You will be responsible for projects of business-facing applications development, which builds strategic and tactical software to connect all activities required to fund the Firm - stock loan, secured funding, treasury and cash management. We also provide the risk management for the financing that we deliver to our clients.
- You will be responsible for standard and innovative modifications to enhance and optimize existing applications and modules in accordance with high-level specifications, application support and industry standards.
- You will participate in code review, testing, quality assurance, release, Level 3 support and training of new implementations. Actively manage issues, risks, action items and change control in accordance with documented procedures.
- You should be confident working autonomously as well as part of a wider team. Someone with a strong focus to provide innovative solutions at all levels of needs.
- Commercial Java development experience.
- Understanding of data structures, caching, design patterns & multi-threaded, high-performant n-tier application design.
- ANSI SQL knowledge is required.
- Sybase/DB2 knowledge is highly desirable.
- Ability to work within tight deadlines and dynamic environment is a pre-requisite.
- Experience with data analytics is a strong positive, as part of an overall development background.
- Investment banking background is not essential.